Last week, we feature Capgemini solution designer and author, Andrzej Marczewski to discuss his newly released book, “Even Ninja Monkeys Like to Play: Gamification, Game Thinking & Motivational Design”. Andrzej’s new book serves as a guide to using gamification as well the theories and concepts on which gamification is built upon.
Watch the full interview below to learn about:
- What was Andrzej trying to address in his new book that was previously missing in other gamification literature?
- How does Andrzej vision of user player types differ when compared to Bartle’s version?
- Is it possible to develop a test to discover each player style and subsequently merge them together?
- What are some of the barriers one has to overcome in order to get “buy-in” for Enterprise Gamification inside corporate organizations?
- What are the recent developments for gamification across Europe?
- How does Andrzej respond to companies who explicitly states they want gamification but in actuality want a game?
- What is the origin story for naming the book title?