Each week on the Gamification Revolution web show, Gabe Zichermann answers all your burning gamification questions LIVE every Monday at 1pm ET/10am PT/1800 GMT at http://gamification.co/gabe-zichermann. This week’s show features Richard Bartle, Visiting Professor at the University of Essex and the creator of the Bartle Player Types. Here’s a rundown on some of the topics they spoke about:
- Why we need to design for player types
- The controversy of the mere existence of player types vs defining what they actually are
- Richard’s honest answer on his experience with research defining specific player types for gamification
- The killer player-type’s balance within game systems and their susceptibility to explorer-types
- Richard’s view on designing games for people and how that changes over-time
- And many more with questions asked live by the audience!