Improving a Custom Production Environment with Gamification
Last time, we featured senior user experience designer, Dr Joerg Niesenhaus from Centigrade GmbH to discuss his team’s recent project in gamifying industrial production process for a large production facility. As a user experience service provider, Joerg’s team was invited by clients from the mechanical and plant engineering to improve their customized production environment.
Watch the full interview below to learn about:
- The motivational challenges and consequences of failure faced by industrial assembly line production process.
- How the team negotiated and managed expectation with management and collective bargaining units of the worker council.
- The thought process in developing a scoring system to challenge and motivate the various production teams.
- How the team find its early testers and subsequent advocates to champion for new process changes.
- Was there difficulty in convincing the company’s leadership to give this approach a try and the post implementation reaction.
- How did the team addressed different user-profiles and the research-process to determine clustering.
Watch the video below and be sure to catch our next episode of the Gamification Revolution.