Robert Torres on Gamification in Education
The Gamification Revolution is the only live gamification webcast featuring Gabe Zichermann and fellow gamification experts every Thursday at 1 PM EST/10 AM PST/1800 GMT. Join us and have all of your gamification questions answered by these experts.
This past week’s guest is Senior Program Officer at the Gates Foundation, Robert Torres! Robert has been working as an education researcher with the Gates Foundation and shares his knowledge on how games are affecting the American Education landscape. You can expect to learn about:
- How gamification is improving student knowledge assessments
- The current philosophy of american education
- Robert’s work with game designers and psychologists to measure game learning effectiveness
- The difficulty of knowledge transference between different learning systems
- The ability for games to promote creative thinking
- Video game violence and its effect on child behavior
Check out the video below for the full interview:
Download this episode (right click and save)
Be sure to catch this week’s episode featuring the Chief Scientist at Salesforce, JP Rangaswami and learn about his insights on enterprise engagement sciences.
You can now catch the Gamification Revolution every Thursday at 1PM EST/10 AM PST/1800 GMT.