Uncovering Gaming Behaviors and Motivations of Video Gamers
Last week, we featured Quantic Foundry co-founder and analytics lead, Nick Yee to talk about Quantic Foundry’s Gaming Motivation Model. Combining social science and data science, Nick’s team was able to decipher users gaming behaviors and motivations through the unique framework.
Watch the full interview below to learn about:
- How Nick’s team designed and developed the gaming motivation model?
- What was the experience like studying social science (i.e. conducting an academic survey) using social media?
- What were the most surprising findings when studying the user’s age and gender on their gaming motivation?
- Did the gaming motivation framework enabled Nick’s team to establish user persona’s of their survey participants?
- What are the 2 schools of thought in explaining the relationship between data points?
- How can the gamer motivation framework be applied in the real world, beyond the context of video games alone?
Bonus: Interested to find out about your gamer motivation profile? Try taking the survey here.