Combining Game Development Learning with Gamification Mechanics
Last time, we featured Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy’s (FIEA) head of marketing, Todd Deery (@FIEA) to discuss how he and former student Derrick Barra remodeled a game development curriculum by merging Scrum processes (Agile software development practices) with gamification elements.
Watch the full interview below to learn about:
- How Scrum Hero was originally conceived and subsequently iterated.
- The impact of emergent gameplay and how it was rectified.
- Lessons drawn from building the two previous versions of Scrum Hero.
- How to bring gamification concepts into the non-game design education realm.
- FIEA past experiences working with external organizations on gamification projects.
- How to connect teaching game development skills while building awareness for cross industry application.
Watch the video below and be sure to catch our next episode of the Gamification Revolution.